Tree Sparrows : Part One

Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Tomorrow I am heading off to Badger Press studio to print a design I have been working on entitled : "And Then I Found You" an Illustration of two Tree Sparrows in their nest surrounded by twigs and leaves entwined together. 

At the moment I am working on the different layer's that go into creating the final print. It's a time consuming process as each layer has to be traced, filled in, and put together like a puzzle at the end. It feels like doing a creative version of Suduku, but I love it!

The saying "Measure twice, cut once" is very suited to the process of Screen Printing as all the serious thinking is done at this stage so that actually printing the design is relatively stress free. I learnt this the hard way, and I think that development in itself is essential so you learn.

This print will be available as a 23x23cm print, framed and unframed as well as a special edition paper cut in the style of this one from my Etsy shop next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |