'Brinkley' The Lakeland Terrier

Thursday, 6 August 2015


So, I have been a bit quiet lately, sat at my desk creating my, Christmas collection.

Yep. Christmas collection. 

Even though the sun is shining out there, I am trying to get into the mind set of itchy Christmas knits and mince pies. Crazy.

I am nearly finished, but there is one last design on it's way, and that is where 'Brinkley' The Lakeland Terrier comes in.

If you haven't heard of 'The Dorset Finca' before, then you need to go there now (just click on the link) because put simply it is a beautiful blog. 'Brinkley' is The Hound Of Finca, he's a Lakeland Terrier and he's gorgeous.

When starting a new design, I grab my sketchbook and do speed sketches. The lovely thing about this is I totally let go and see what happens, my only restriction being time.

The results of speed sketching is hopefully; fun, energetic sketches that can be developed into a final design. Most of the time when doing this exercise myself the results never see the light of day ( a lot of very strange looking creatures lurk between the pages of my sketchbook!) but this time, I couldn't resist showing you these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |