Moths & Butterflies

Monday, 16 November 2015

When I think of winter, I think texture ; knitted wool jumpers, rich wrinkled leather, and those fur headbands which I never really understood (I think you need have been Made In Chelsea to pull these off!). 

Anyway, for my latest project I decided to create a collection of Moths and Butterflies in pen and ink, and these winter textures have been a big influence when creating them. 

Moths and Butterflies are fleeting works of art,  trend setters of repeated pattern and if studied closely covered in a plush layer of intricate fur. I worked on every little detail with this collection to create a 'fluffy' effect, and next week these little guys will be turned into large multi coloured screen prints which will be available to purchase from my Etsy shop. So stay tuned!

For more information about Moths and Butterflies please visit The Butterfly Conservation website : www.butterfly-conservation.org







No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |